Friday, January 4, 2013

There's a First Time for Everything!

Well, well, well... I actually did it!!  I made my first dress without any pattern or tutorial!!  Now this may not seem like much of an accomplishment for some but for me this is amazing!  The dress actually fits and looks wearable!  I am just so excited!


Please let me know what you think in the comments!!

The striped fabric used to be a body pillow cover if you can believe it, I like to buy any inexpensive fabric I can get my hands on!  For example, the body pillow cover was on clearance a Target for about $3 and I figure it was over a yard and I tore the zipper out of it to re-use!  Great deal!  Any way I used some fabric from that and then I had 1 yard of navy fabric in my stash which worked great for the skirt and there was just enough for the straps and a little bow too!

I can't wait to get more experience with clothes and finally be like a designer! 

Sorry for all the exclamation points... I'm just a little excited :)

!!!
**follow me on Pinterest please**
Check out my shops on Etsy and Smashion

Thanks! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment