Monday, January 14, 2013

Dress Success!

Hey everyone!

I am excited to share with you my latest creation!

Another dress, but this one is even better than the last! I got the idea from Sweet Verbena's tutorial here.

Please let me know what you think in the comments section!

Well?!?! I like it so much and I think I may actually venture out in it at some point... if I'm brave enough!

I made a few changes from the tutorial:
1) Instead of using one solid piece of fabric I wanted a patterned skirt and plain top so before following her directions I measured my torso (~18" from shoulder to waist) and length (~45" from waist to floor, leaving a bit extra for seam allowances, hemming, and fitting).  I'm 5'-10" so your measurements may be less! Then I sewed those pieces together and continued on as if they were just one piece from the get-go.
2) I took in the sides after cutting the neck and arms and looking like I had on a bag! lol I have no idea how the one in the tutorial looks so good without any fitting! Mine was awful! I took in about 2" from each side and that was MUCH better! Still flow-y and loose fitting but at least a little more put together!



Here is Lola wearing it :) (is it weird I named my mannequin?? I think not!)

Please follow me on Pinterest and leave a comment! 

Have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment