Sunday, January 26, 2014

Not-So-Extreme Coupon Organizer

Today's tutorial is for a simple coupon organizer.  I have made several of these for my mom in the past and she loves using hers so much I have to keep making her new ones!  I also made one for myself this time since I have been getting into using coupons more and more.  You can buy one of those accordion coupon holders pretty much anywhere but... who has the space for that?!  Those things are bigger than my purse!  So here is my solution!




First gather your supplies:
Card stock (I use plain for the main folder and then had a second sheet for decorating)
Pencil
Scissors
Washi-tape
Paper cutter (optional, you could just use the scissors :)


Draw a tick mark every 3 and 3.5 inches on the plain card stock.  The 3 inch mark is for the height of each section, and the extra half inch is to leave room for the tabs.

I got 3 sections out of one sheet and then had a scrap piece I used for the last section.  If you want to have more sections, just cut more pieces.

Next you need to cut the tabs, make sure you can see each one!  I just took the top measurement (8.5") and divided by 3 sections to determine how long to make each tab.  Adjust based on your number of sections.  Remember if you have 4 pieces you will have 3 sections, 5 makes 4 sections, and so on.

Now I like to attach each piece one by one with washi tape (or really any tape would work but washi is so pretty!).  This way you know that each section is secure and your folder won't fall apart.


That completes the structure of your folder!  You could choose to stop here and just write on the tabs OR... 

You can decorate!  I used scrapbook paper to decorate the front and each of the tabs.

That's it!  What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments!

Here is another one I made:

Super cute!




Check out how to put your coupons to use over on my other blog: Deals Actually







No comments:

Post a Comment