Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fabric Hair Bow Tutorial

I opened up a shop on Storenvy!  I still have my Etsy shop of course but the Storenvy shop is all about hair bows!!  Bows range from $3-$5 and you can add-on to any bow with a monogram, greek letters, school letters, and/or an anchor charm!


Onto the important stuff - the tutorial!

Step 1:
Cut a piece of fabric 5" by 8".  I like to pick small p


rint fabrics for bows but larger prints can work too. A plain bow never fails either!
Also cut a small piece of fabric for the center of your bow.  I don't have exact measurements for this... you know me and how I love to keep things simple!  I would guess about an inch by 2 inches, cut more to be safe!

Step 2:
Fold the large piece of fabric in half, right sides together.  So you should have a piece 5" by 4" now.  Sew along the 3 edges, leaving a turning hole in the center of the bottom.

Step 3:
Clip corners and turn

Step 4:
Fold the fabric accordion style and sew right in the middle to help it keep its shape.

Step 5:
Take the small piece of fabric and fold in each long edge then fold it in half and sew along the open side.

Step 6:
Measure around the sewn center of the bow and cut, leaving a small seam allowance.

Step 7:
Sew the center strip's ends together, turn and slide onto bow

Step 8:
Attach a hair clip and make a bunch!

Don't forget to stop by my new store!

xoxo,
Katie
Find these on Etsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment